Are you interested in driving a PCV D1 Minibus?
If you have received your UK vehicle licence on or before January 1997, you might have the restricted D1 entitlement for driving the minibus for social work but you cannot drive for paid opportunities. However, if you are interested in a driving Minibus job or other vehicle that can carry more than 8 people, you must obtain the PCV D1 driving licence.
The drivers who have passed their licence test after January 1997 and are in need of the D1 entitlement can also include:
- Places of education and schools for support workers and the teachers.
- Care workers, ancillary service drivers and also the Patient transfer vehicle drivers.
- Youth program assistants, workers for the charity organizations, and also the young adults who can help as scouts, cadets and the guides.
- Employment agencies, companies etc that require the workers and employees to drive their own to work or the fellow workers in the minibus provided by the firm to a given worksite must also ensure that they have the driver licence for the D1 entitlement for Hire and Reward. A D1 entitlement with 101 restrictions is not enough since the driver gets paid by the employer as a worker.
There are some exceptions for the volunteers who are more than 21 years of age and those who are driving the small minibuses for the NGOs. But according to the DVLA, if a minibus is being used for the purpose of public transportation, the driver must follow and comply with the same legislation as that of the driver who is seeking employment and has a licence.
We use Ford Transit for D1 minibus training:
The PCV training vehicles that we use are all of the current production and are specially chosen for the purpose of training so that they meet the requirements of the DSA test vehicle. Some of the features of our test vehicles are:
- have 17 seats
- Are 6.5 meters long
- Have easy to access controls that entail a smooth ride.
- Highly maneuverable and has power steering with hydraulic ABS brakes.
- Have simple 5 speed gear box.
- Vehicles are fitted with Tachographs
- Are maintained with high standard maintenance.
- Have low levels of noise
- Provides excellent visibility from a comfortable driving seat.
Do you need to apply for the licence for Provisional PCV?
You can visit our guidance notes and check out how to apply for the same and also request for an application form.
Do you need help to pass the theory tests?
We have ample choice of CD ROMS, DVDs, Books, and also online learning materials and that too in several languages apart from English like Urdu, Hindi, etc. You can check our PCV Theory Test Help Page.
Are you ready to sit for your theory tests?
If you want to book your theory tests, click here. You will need to choose the appointment for Multiple Choice and also Hazard Perception theories. You can take both the tests on the same day. For that, you must book the MC test first and then sit for the HP test. While the MC test is for 75 minutes, the HP test is for 40 minutes only.
Are you ready to start with your driver training?
Now that you have your provisional licence and have also passed your theory tests, you are just ready to start. But here are some of the other details that you might want to know.
How much training do you need and the cost of the same?
We recommend a DRIVING ASSESSMENT test in which an instructor will check your experience and skills in driving. He can then advise on the kind of training that you will need and only then can we quote you about the price. You can also avail our PASS PROTECTION.
You can give us a call to arrange for an Assessment Lesson. You can also complete the booking form on the Contact Us Page.
We will get back to you about the booking.
Are you looking for a job in driving?
If you work as a driver, you will also need to pass two tests before beginning work as a driver: the Practical demonstration Test and the Driver CPC Case Study Theory Test to obtain the Driver Qualification card that is essential to work as a driver. You can check Driver CPC Initial Qualification for details.
You would also need the 35 hours Driver CPC Periodic Training when you work. Check out the Future Career and Jobs page for information.
Are you looking for assistance for driving your minibus?
Call us at?0795 822 7833 ?or send us your details and we will send you information pack along with forms to apply for the provisional licence.