The DGSA has an important role on road safety. They guide the drivers how to transport the dangerous goods properly and safely. The Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) must have the ability to perform their duty properly. They have to undergo a training course and after that they have to appear on an exam. After passing successful they are awarded a Vocational Training Certificate which is valid for 5 years.
DGSA has to carry out the following functions:
- Observing agreement with the law.
- Advising the drivers about the dangerous goods.
- Preparing the annual performance report of an employer
- Monitoring the proper safety measures.
- Investigating and making report if any accident happens.
The driver who carries dangerous goods should take advise from DGSA of the below mentioned vehicles like
- Most of the road tankers and containers
- Bulk or certain amount of dangerous goods carrying vehicles on the road
- Other types of vehicles which transports in-scope packages of certain size.
Dhoot School of Transport has professional instructor who can guide you properly. Our course includes 5 days intensive course with the option of 2 days revision, mock test and feedback course. Our trainers are approved by SQA to run the ADR course. We offer training in several languages apart from English and also the instructors are also DSA certified and know different languages.
For more enquiries please contact us over the phone or come to our office.