Complete information on Driver CPC module 4
The Driver CPC training is meant for the LGV drivers of UK who drives their vehicles professionally and commercially. It is designed as per the directives of EU 2003/59 and is meant for testing the overall improvement of the driving knowledge and professional skills of those drivers who drive vehicles commercially. There are mainly two classifications according to the legislation of Driver CPC training and they are as follows:
- The initial qualification must be obtained by the novice or the new drivers of the LGV vehicles apart from the vocation license in order to drive their vehicles professionally and also commercially.
- All the professional drivers across UK must also attend a periodic training of 35 hours in the driver CPC course every 5 years.
This periodic training is designed for the overall professional development for the lorry drivers and also must be carried on for the drivers through their entire professional careers.
There are four modules for the Driver CPC training course and of them two are the same as the tests that you must undergo in order to get the LGV license. The four modules for this training course are:
- Theory Tests: it is the same as that of the theory tests that you have to appear for the LGV License.
- CPC Case Study test
- Driving ability test: it is the same to as the practical test that you take for the LGV License.
- Driver CPC Demonstration test.
The module 4 for the Driver CPC deals with the demonstration tests that will help you in learning about the ways and methods that you can implement and apply in order to keep your vehicle safe on the road. This test will also ask and test you about:
- The mandatory tests that you should do for your vehicle before hitting the road with it and also how you can use the vehicle safely and securely always.
- How to upload your vehicle in a safe way.
- Checks that you must do in order to avoid the risks related to the criminal acts and offenses and also trafficking.
- Assessments of all kinds of emergencies and risks.
Some FAQs related to Driver CPC module 4
How long is the duration of the test and what is the pass marks for the module?
The test is usually for 30 minutes duration and the pass marks is 80 out of 100 with at least 15 marks out of 20 for each sections of the topic.
I do not want to drive professionally; do I still have to take the test?
If you do not want to drive professionally, you can only appear for the Modules 1 and 3 and take the tests on modules 2 and 4 at a later date. You just have to take the theory modules before appearing for the practical tests.
How can I apply for the test?
To book the tests for the driver CPC modules, you can complete the application form that is amply available online or just visit us at Dhoot Driving School. We offer excellent training in LGV driving and the Driver CPC courses and can also help you with the application for the test. We can also prepare you for the initial qualification tests. All our trainers are multilingual and are also approved by the DSA. We offer training in several languages apart from English.
And if you want to download the application form from the internet and appear for the test, you can send your payments to DSA by postal orders or cheques.
How much does the test cost?
The practical demonstration test for the module 4 of driver CPC is available at reasonable cost. The documents needed for appearing in this test include a valid driving license for UK and also the pass certificate for the driver CPC module 2 Case studies. You must also carry with you the appointment letter and the pass certificate for the theory tests of module 2 along with you, the driving license and also the vehicle road worthiness test certificates along with the photo identity. You can of course contact us for more details at Dhoot Driving School.
Can I take both the tests for module 3 and 4 on the same day?
If you want, you can take both the tests for module 3 and 4 on the same day and also use the same vehicle for the tests provided the vehicle meets the minimum standards of the Minimum Test Vehicle requirements.
How can we at Dhoot Driving School help?
You can avail driver CPC training from us at Dhoot Driving School. We can help you with all the books, study materials and also CDs apart from online training and class room based coaching in several languages apart from English. For more details on the same, get in touch with us at Dhoot Driving School.